Thursday 14 June 2012

Mini Freo Monuments IV

It's been a while coming, but here it is at last - another edition of my mini Freo monuments.

The little tortoise at Kings Square

The animal kingdom can be a little neglected in artistic representation, unless they're of the coat-of-arms variety, which makes the humble little tortoise in Kings Square even more special.

The little tortoise at Kings Square
The little tortoise is located on the side of the square that is closest to Queen Street and isn't that far from another mini Freo monument - the Pietro Porcelli statue (click here).

Whenever my wife and I decide to kick back under the Morton Bay tree we always pay the tortoise a visit.

The different cheeses at The Mousetrap Gourmet Cheese Shop in the Fremantle Markets

Located in the Fremantle Markets is a little gem of a fromagerie - The Mousetrap Gourmet Cheese Shop. I might be biased but I really do believe that this little cheese shop is the best of its kind in Perth.


The cheese at The Mousetrap Gourmet Cheese Shop is one of my mini Freo monuments

The selection of cheeses on offer, ranging from the deliciously creamy to the tasty but odiferous, deserve to be recognised as mini Freo monuments in their own right.

Selection of mini Freo monuments from the The Mousetrap Gourmet Cheese Shop in the Fremantle Markets

Next time you're in the mood for a little cheesy delight, do as I do and head down to the Mousetrap and ask Rosemary for advice about what is ripe and ready for eating.

The Bathers Beach sign left over from WA Day

Thanks to Roel Loopers and his blog Freo's View, the improvements to the Bathers Beach sign left over from WA Day were documented in his photo below and in this blog post.

One of my mini Freo monuments. Source: Freo's View
I went down and checked it out and laughed myself silly. Whoever wrote those comments (my wife swears it wasn't her) deserves a power salute.

No comments:

Post a Comment